Tuesday 27 November 2012

Preciuous bundles of Joy



As the anesthesia wore off, a pain so terrible hit me. Along with the pain, other thoughts intruded. First and foremost was the thought of holding my baby . I did not know whether it was a boy or a girl. I mouthed the words, trying to focus my eyes on the doctor and was rewarded with a smile and three words, " Its a girl". Then I vanished into zombie land once again. I kept drifting in and out of consciousness and every time I woke up I asked for my daughter. Finally I was free of the anesthesia in the evening and I could not wait anymore. The doctor told me that I had to sit, if I had to hold my baby. So braving the pain, I made a valiant effort and sat up.  I had a triumphant smile and  as the little bundle was placed in my hands. Smiles, tears, wonder, curiosity all rolled up into one . She was beautiful with a head full of dark lustrous hair. No wonder my tummy itched so much during pregnancy :)
 This was 20 years back and tomorrow my daughter Nikitha turns 20.

After a gap of 4 years I had Natasha, who became 16 a few weeks back. The same anesthesia bogged me down, but the second time round, i came out of it much sooner and was able to hold her much sooner than i had anticipated. It was a repeat of all emotions bundled up as one big emotion called Joy. Both my pregnancies ended in a C-section, but the pain was peanuts compared to the pleasure of holding my babies  in my arms.

Both of them were born in the month of November, so as i was sitting today on my comp, i suddenly went back into my past to relive the moments when i gave birth to them. I cannot believe that so much of time has passed, but they are the living proof of the passage of time.

My daughters are my world and treasured gifts of nature. They both are different,  as chalk and cheese, but its this difference that make them both unique in their own way.

Nikki is a confident young women who speaks her mind and always love to have the last word. So there are a lot of arguments between us, but in the end we cannot be without talking to each other so the aloof spells last only for a short time :). She is very creative and loves to write. She is stubborn, loving, funny, has a squeaky voice ( which we often make fun of) artistic, secretive, introverted and a fantastic and meticulous cook.

Tasha is the opposite of her in many  ways. She cannot shut her mouth, she is a chatterbox. Very talented in the performing arts, she plays the keyboard, guitar and has a fantastic voice. She is stubborn in her own way, but talk to her in a gentle manner and she melts. She is a very good artist ( drawing ) and her favourite is Japanese animation. She loves to play pranks and is crazy about doing cartwheels. Quick to forgive and forget she is a beautiful charmer.

Many a times i have not been a perfect mother to them. I have lost my temper ( i still do), when they were small i beat them to teach them discipline, we still fight over little things, we argue, we cry , we laugh, crack jokes, hug and kiss each other a lot, but have never stopped loving each other. I guess our bond and love for each other is so strong that everything else pales into insignificance. And  I for one am mighty thankful to the mystical force above for blessing me not with one, but two daughters whom I shall always cherish and love.

Happy birthday my Nikku and a belated birthday my darling Ton Ton ( Natasha)







2 comments:

  1. Very sweet post, full of emotions. Belated wishes to Nikitha and Natasha :)

    To vote on indiblogger, Click on "View post to promote" after the link opens in a new tab you will get "Promote this post" Click on that...voting is done

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks valli:)Both their bdays were a blast..

    ReplyDelete