Friday 9 March 2012

Do You Pause ? Do you think of Me?



( this image is copy right free and taken from Wikipedia)


As a new day dawns outside your window
And the night slowly fades into a shadow.
You come awake slowly,
With sleep filled eyes all misty and mellowly.
And as you take your first breath, do you pause?
Do you think of me?

Then you go about your work,
And fit in things into your framework.
Fingers busy tapping the key board,
So involved you don’t look backward.
When suddenly, do you pause?
Do you think of me?

As the sky turns rosy hued
You stand there with your takeout food.
Your dinner finished halfway through,
Staring out at the view.
And as you lift your spoon, do you pause?
Do you think of me?

As the night envelops you into darkness,
And sleep entices you to lose your alertness.
When dreams fill your senses,
And slowly strip your defenses.
You slowly spread your arms wide,
And gently into them I glide.
Serene I lay in them secure,
For I know now, you were thinking of me for sure

1 comment: