Sunday 4 December 2011

The Mist



( Image is copy right free and taken from wiki commons)


White feathery wisps cold and numbing,

Wrap themselves around me absorbing,

Slowly and steadily they surround

And into my being they hound.



Clear thought loses coherence,

And go frenzied sans adherence.

I open my mouth to speak,

But onto my knees I fall down weak.



I grope and crawl desperately seeking,

With great howls my voice shrieking,

In utter shock I realize I was drowning,

Sucked into the whiteness rapidly advancing.



The White demon makes a final move

Triumphant laughter in its wake to prove,

His hold over me tightens

And my senses in terror heightens.



I stood there held in a vice like grip,

When with one mighty heave I slip,

Breaking his hold I fall

Onto bright sunshine in a sprawl.



I look up in stony defiance

Proud of my non-compliance

He just gave a mysterious smile

Whispering , “ stay free for a while”



And as he slowly lifted above me,

I could clearly see,

My respite was only for awhile,

For I knew he will return from exile.....

No comments:

Post a Comment